The Foundation is dedicated to supporting excellence in health care by raising funds for cancer research, patient care and education. We can successfully fundraise only with the support of our friends and community.
If you wish to limit or alter the number or timing of the mailings you receive, please contact us at 416-222-2222, ext. 4105 to discuss your preferences. We value all of our supporters and are committed to working with each for their benefit and that of the Hospital. We do not trade, rent or sell the names of our valued supporters.
If you wish to be removed from our fundraising list(s) at any time, please contact us at 416-222-2222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Accountability for Personal Information.
- Accountability for Personal Information.
- Identifying Purposes for the Collection of Personal Information.
- Obtaining Consent for the Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information.
- Limiting Collection of Personal Information.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention of Personal Information.
- Ensuring Accuracy of Personal Information.
- Ensuring Safeguards for Personal Information.
- Openness Concerning Policies and Practices.
- Access to Personal Information.
- Challenging Compliance.
2. Identifying Purposes for the Collection of Personal Information.
When the Foundation collects personal information directly from its constituents, the Foundation will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time of collection. These purposes include: donor recruitment, that which is necessary for the administration of a donor's interests and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
3. Obtaining Consent for the Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information.
The knowledge and consent of a person is required for the direct collection, use or disclosure of personal information except where mandated by law.
4. Limiting Collection of Personal Information.
The Foundation will limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means. The Foundation does not collect any personal health information, other than that which is volunteered directly by the constituent.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention of Personal Information.
6. Ensuring Accuracy of Personal Information.
The Foundation ensures personal information is accurate, complete and as up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. To change or modify any personal information previously provided to the Foundation, write to the Privacy Officer at: John Doe, The Foundation, 123 Main Street, Toronto, ON M5R 2D9 or send an email to email@example.com
7. Ensuring Safeguards for Personal Information.
Personal information is protected with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. All Foundation employees and directors must sign a Confidentiality Agreement. In addition, all independent contractors or vendors, that have a working relationship with the Foundation's proprietary database, must sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
8. Openness Concerning Policies and Practices.
9. Access to Personal Information.
Upon request, a person will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of personal information of the person and shall be given access to that information. A person can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
10. Challenging Compliance.
A challenge concerning compliance with the above principles should be made to the Privacy Officer at: John Doe, 416-222-2222, or firstname.lastname@example.org